Friday, August 1, 2008

I'm here!

Well I got into Beijing at about 1:30pm local time. We were met at the airport and taken to the hotel. I got a quick shower and then a tour around the neighborhood followed by a drink at the pub and dinner at a real chineese restaurant. Everyone says that you have to stay up at least until 10pm and then you will still be up by 4:30 the next morning. So it is 10:30pm now, we shall see when I wake up tomorrow...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! you didn't say how the pub and the REAL Chinese food was...? Less sleep more blog!

Anonymous said...

Send me back pix of all the hot chix please! Thanx

Ms. Weldele said...

I can't believe you are in CHINA!!! That's crazy! I'm so glad you're safe!

Lottie said...

It was an Irish pub (Patty O'Shea's) which was pretty cool. The TM crew has pretty much taken over the place so the staff likes us a lot. The Chinese place was okay. The food was hit and miss. The food menu has pictures that you can just point to, but there was no drink menu so we had a very hard time getting something to drink. I am told that in most family style restaurants you are expected to bring your own drink in with you.