This afternoon we took the subway to the Confucius Temple. The subway is much like the ones in Europe, pretty simple. All the signs are in both Chinese characters and Roman style letters. And then a very hot walk about 10 blocks to the temple. Also, I could have gotten in for free with my Olympic credentials, but I don't have them until Monday. We had to turn them into the polices station so they could register us. So I paid the 20 rmb ($3.50). It was nice to look around, but it was hard to get too much out of it because only 1 out of every 10 signs had English on it. So you can't tell what you are looking at for the most part. The paintings on the eves and ceilings are so beautiful.
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment