Jack at TM recommended that we get a bus to the great wall through the China Culture Center. It was great! There were 5 people on our tour: Jaideep from New York, Danielle from Naples Italy, Oliver from Munich Germany and us. Our guide was Allen. We had a couple of hours at the great wall then a really nice Chinese lunch and on to the Ming Tombs. The great wall is awesome of course. I could have skipped the Ming Tombs. The best part there was the Spirit Path. It is the long path from the entrance into the tombs that is lined with all these statues that are supposed to guard the tombs. We are back at the hotel now and then I think the 5 of us are going to dinner together.
It is our last night in Beijing too. Tomorrow night we are on the Yangtze River!

3 comments:
Sounds like fun! Were all of the people on the tour associated with TM or just folks who happen to sign up for the tour? Sounds like an interesting bunch.
That is so tight that Beastor-X is rocking the Squids jersey. I posted the Great Wall of China picture on Squid-Ball.com.
What an awesome experience!!
I would like to know the rest of your itenerary, what other cities are you visiting? Are you stopping along the river? How many days on the river? Inquiring (or worrysome) minds need to know....
Love you, be safe!!!
Mamasan
Post a Comment