Friday, August 15, 2008

Swimming Rocks!




So we went to swimming yesterday morning, very exciting. Just getting to see the inside of the cube was the main goal, but I actually got to see Michael Phelps swim as a bonus! It was just a semifinal, so no gold medals for him at this session. That is Phelps in the picture. But I still got to see him half naked. :) And I really got to give my new camera a run for it's money. The 4 frames per second really paid off.

The inside of the cube is cool because you can see through the roof everywhere. There is this metal framework that has air pumped through it at all times which give it the bubble appearance. Or at least that was my best guess since I couldn't read the Chinese pamphlets.


We sold out of tickets at athlete's village today so we are getting the day off tomorrow. I am thinking about going to the Lama Temple or Temple of Heaven maybe. We shall see. Right now all I care about it sleeping in a few extra hours. This will be my first day off of work in 14 days.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lottie!! I'm so glad you're blogging! (Oh, and by the way, I'm totally jealous! You've now seen both men's gymnastics AND Phelps!?!? LUCKY!) I miss you! Looking forward to your next update!

(Oh, and if you get to go to the Today Show...will you please do something goofy so they will make sure to put you on camera?!) =P

~Whitney

Anonymous said...

So cool that you got inside the cube... and got to see Michael Phelps swim! That guy is almost super-human!

Can't wait to see pictures!

Anonymous said...

Lottie, Pictures are awesome - can't wait to see them all! Will you be able to track hits on the blog? We've sent the link to a bunch of folks several of whom have gotten back to us. Norma McK (she was Payroll Mgr here - now retired) is an Olympics geek and said to tell you how much she is enjoying following your exploits.

I may have to be late for work on Monday to watch for you on TODAY.

Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Lottie,

If you get a chance, read this this article and see if you think it's true:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/14/AR2008081401333.html

Hope you're having the time of your life!

- Unka Jim

Lottie said...

Jim,
I would not say that is true in all cases. But they do certainly cheer for USA when China is not in a race or that kind of thing. They certainly want the US basketball team to win. Cobe is more popualr than Yoa Ming here. And it is all very friendly between the foreign people and the chinese peopel. They are very glad we are here.