I got on the Today Show! I was right behind Michael Phelps and Dara Torres during their interviews. I mean right behind. I could see my arms most of the time on TV, but I am not sure how much you could see my face. I was totally cool. And one of the girls on the rowing team let me hold her gold medal. Awesome! We left after the first hour when we had been on twice already. It is on msnbc.com for everyone to look at. I know Dan has the link but I don't know what it is.
Oh, I had tickets to see Athletics this morning. That was a big let down. There were at least 6 events going on at the same time so you have no idea what to look at. And the stadium is so big you can't really see anything even if you did know what to look at. I stayed for about an hour and then left. The outside of the Bird's Nest is much better than the inside.

10 comments:
Lottie,
Good job! I got some .jpg's for you if you want them.
It was so good to see your smiling face! Also, read with interest your Pearl Market post. I guess this means no pearls for Christmas, huh?
Hugs, Mom
I watched the interview with Phelps but I couldn't really make any of the crowd out. It looks like you were all too far away. Sounds like you are having a great time, though. All the medals look pretty plain this year, how heavy did it seem?
t-bizzle...you have to watch the other Phelps interview (with his coach). You can find it here:
Today Show featuring Lottie
I saw you!! You poked your head out from behind Dara Torres several times and gave America a big grin! Awesome. That chinese girl next to you wasn't moving over to give you a better tv shot though was she! Ha!
I totally saw you! Thats even cooler than being ice cold! Have Fun!
hello lottie! i hope you are having a great time over there... it certainly looks like it! and getting on the today show.. nice! just thought i would drop you a line to let you know what you already knew... you are missed in StL!!
~e
Lottie,
Are you going to be able to continue posting when you and Dan are "touring"?
Mom
As long as I can find an internet connection then yes.
Another thought. You talked earlier about getting some Olympic pins when you were at the Atheletes Village. How's that going?
Post a Comment