Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bug eating time.







So what did Dan want to do his first night in China?...eat scorpions, of course. We found the Night Market on Wangfujing Street. That is where one goes to eat crazy stuff. All told Dan ate scorpion, seahorse, lamb testicles, snake, and squid. Yes, you heard that squid-nation, Dan ate a squid....sigh. While I did not eat any crazy stuff I did pose for this one picture.

6 comments:

Jim said...

So what's the verdict? Anything actually taste good? Anything you'd eat again? Anything we should avoid?

What's the scoop on the gross food challenge?

Lottie said...

I think that Silk Worm won the gross food challenge. Only two guys on the trip tried it and it was not pretty. Dan says that of what he ate nothing is worth eating agian. But if he had to choose, he says scorpion was the least gross.

Jim said...

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to force myself to put even one of those things in my mouth.

No sir...I don't like it.

Anonymous said...

Jim pointed out that Dan ate nothing at all except Chicken McNuggets his entire childhood. Guess that a lifetime of eating Chicken McNuggets would prepare anyone to eat bugs, scorpions, squid, etc.

:)

Jen

Jim said...

That's SO not true.

He also ate pizza.

Jim :)

Anonymous said...

I stand corrected. :)

To my credit, by the time I met Dan, he would occasionally even eat a vegetable. :)

Jen