Thursday, August 21, 2008

update?

I feel the need to write a new post just because it has been 4 days since my last post. But really I have nothing to say. I have been doing a lot of sitting around at work, in the hotel room, in the bar. It has been raining a lot this week which makes exploring no fun. Some touristy things I am saving until Dan gets here, like the Summer Palace. We did walk up through Houhai and the old Hu Tong on Wed. It was mostly all restaurants and shopping. We tried to go to the Drum and Bell Towers but they have been closed down since the stabbing happened 2 weeks ago. Everyone seems to think they will stay closed until after the Para's are over. Anyway, nothing exciting to report. I can't believe that it will all be over on Sunday. It is weird. I can't believe we have already been here for 22 days, but at the same time if feels like forever.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for checking in... we've been wondering how you were doing.

Bet you're looking forward to Dan's visit. Enjoy the last few days.

Jen

Anonymous said...

I second the above. It's just nice to know what you're doing, even if it's boring!

I'll ask again, we've heard all about the medal count - how's the pin count going?

Hugs, Mom

Lottie said...

Pin collecting was not that successful. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

I have so enjoyed reading your blog and sharing it with the other UHS English people. Thanks for sharing
Mrs. T