Sunday, August 10, 2008

Events








So there was a lottery where we all got a pair of tickets to an event. I got athletics on Aug 18th, which is cool because it is in the National Stadium. Tami's tickets were for men's gymnastics so I worked my magic and got to go to gymnastics with Tami. Awesome! We got to see 4 roatations before we had to leave to go to the office. We were meeting our student workers/translators at the office yesterday. We each go assigned two students. Melody and Steve are mine. Melody is from a small village on the southern coast of China. Steve is from just outside of Beijing. They seem very young for college students, but I thought it would be rude to ask their ages so I don't really know how old they are. It is amazing how nice they are and eager to work. The pride that the Chinese people have for the games is amazing. It makes me feel bad that we don't have any work for them yet. The 3 of us went out to our venue this morning just to look around. That was fun. We meet the venue ticket manager who was nice, but didn't understand why we were there. He did show us into the venue so we could see about 15 minutes of a wieghtlifting session. The students were so excited to see part of the games. Now be are back at the office again...

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Gymnastics? LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY!!!!