Friday, August 29, 2008

Chonqing

We flew to Chongqing yesterday.  I am told it is the biggest city in China with 33 million people in it.  I can tell you it is a shit hole.  I have never seen poverty like that in my life.  The guide that took us from the airport to the ship showed us old town vs the new down town and it was hard to tell much of a difference between the two.  Because we could not board the ship until 5pm, the guide took us to a home from the Qing dynasty to kill time.  It was a nice building but all they really wanted to do in the end was sell you stuff.  At the end of the tour we got to see the Chinese tea ceremony, which was nice.  Then it was late enough to take us to the boat.  The boat is very nice.  There is no internet so I am sending this from my blackberry.  I hope it works!
--------------------------
Sent using BlackBerry

No comments: