Monday, September 1, 2008

Realization

So when talking to our guide Betty today we figured out that the cost of housing per square meter in Yichang (considered a small town at a population of 4 million) in double that of St. Louis.  And yet in the US we make about 3 times as much money as the average Chinese person...crazy.  And yet every Chinese person I have met seems very happy with their life.
--------------------------
Sent using BlackBerry

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE LOTTIE
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

MISS YOU MUCH, LOVE YOU MORE

MAMASAN

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

You're going to be an Auntie!

-G&L

Lottie said...

Are you serious?! That is awesome! Congradulations!

Anonymous said...

Another set of Happy Birthdays from your Mom & Dad (and Tom too). Sending this from work, since internet is still out at the house (long story - tell you when you get home). We're still pretty much shell shocked by G&L's news. I'd use the "I'm too young to be..." but I think I've used that one up. Enjoy the last of you unbelievable trip. Can't wait to talk to you again.
Hugs, Mom

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Miss Lottie,

I also am having trouble posting
from home. Cant wait to see and hear all your stories and pictures from your travels.

DanofLouis